The kimono lecture was very successful last night! We tried to tell the audience how important is kimono in Japanese history and show our way to evolute beautiful kimono.
- Introduction of Traditional Kimono and History
- Kimono Dressing Demonstration for Homongi
- Why Sueko started to design a modern kimono costume
- Moder kimono costumes for Dancers
- New Kimono Styling for Fashion Magazines / Fashion Film
- Costume Design for Japanese Traditional Play
- Kimono Fashion Show in Brazil
- Q & A
We had a kimono display which was a Furisode and Sueko's design costume display at the venue.
We asked the audience a volunteer model for the kimono dressing demonstration.
Lecturer：Costume Designer / Fashion Stylist / Kimono Stylist Sueko Oshimoto
Assistant： Photographer / Kimono Stylist Kentaro Jake Terauchi
Photographer：Tak S. Itomi
Fortunately, We got an offer to hold a lecture and a fashion show at the Nisei week which is the biggest event in Japanese American community!
Day & Time: Sunday, July 27th 2014
Place: Japanese American National Museum
Here's a link for the previcious kimono fashion show & lecture in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
If you are interested in holding the fashion show, demonstration and/or lecture, please click here to contact us.
Sueko Oshimoto is a kimono master and costume designer, Kentaro Terra is a kimono stylist and photographer. They've started KIMONO SK in 2010.